Beaufort SC Relocation Guidemove south carolina drivers license


If you move into South Carolina from another state and establish a permanent residence, you must apply for a South Carolina driver license. If you own any vehicles they must also be registered in our state. If you have a valid driver’s license issued by the state from which you moved, you can use it for 90 days, after which time you must surrender it and obtain a South Carolina driver license.


Military Personnel (and their dependents) and students temporarily in South Carolina are not required to obtain a South Carolina Driver’s license. However, you must have a driver’s license from your home state to operate in South Carolina.


You have 45 days to transfer your out of state vehicle registration to South Carolina.


Each county in South Carolina also has its own DMV office. The Beaufort County office is located on Munch Drive, in Beaufort, and can be reached at 843-379-8822


Visit this link to the South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles for more information and the forms that you need to make your transition a smooth one.

Relocation guide HOME





Send this to a friend