While the Fort Fremont Preserve is closed during construction of the Interpretive Center, the Friends of Fort Fremont are presenting a FREE series of Historical Lectures for all ages to learn & enjoy!
Fort Fremont was built in 1898 on St. Helena Island to defend the U.S. Naval Station, Port Royal, on Parris Island. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. While the Fort Fremont Preserve is closed during construction of an Interpretive Center by Beaufort County, the Friends of Fort Fremont is presenting historical lectures on one Saturday each month. For more information, call the St. Helena Library at 843-255-6487.
Lecture series begin at 10:30 A.M. and will take place at the Saint Helena Branch Library at 6355 Jonathan Francis Senior Road, St. Helena Island, SC 29920. This special series is sponsored by the Friends of Fort Fremont. To learn more visit www.fortfremont.org
Bringing History to Life, Fort Fremont Dioramas
Presented by Dennis Cannady, Master Modeler
January 25, 10:30 AM
Preserving Fort Fremont Artifacts
Presented by Mr. Roderick Kesting
February 22, 10:30 AM
History of U.S. Coast Defense
Presented by Mr. Theodore Panayotoff
March 21, 10:30 AM
Cover photo by Michael Tillison, Friends of Fort Fremont