Everything you need to know about moving to & living in Beaufort, South Carolina
Beaufort, South Carolina is located on Port Royal Island, in the heart of the Sea Islands and’Lowcountry’ of the state. The city is renowned for its scenic location and for maintaining a historic character through its impressive antebellum architecture, and of course it’s overall quaintness. Photo courtesy Eric R. Smith
As excited as you may be with your relocation decision, it’s still a challenge to settle into any new community. Here, you’ll find everything you need to make your move easier including helpful links to utility companies, Department of Motor Vehicles info, City/County info, even day care centers and more. It’s EVERYTHING you’ll need.
Whether you’re looking to kayak the IntracoastalWaterway, cast a line into the Atlantic or find a beach to work on your tan, Beaufort is full of fun things to do! Beaufort has a variety of options for golfing and tennis, and several wonderful public parks too.>
Newcomers are excited to discover the variety of home styles and the diverse neighborhoods in the Beaufort area, so finding the right home is easy. More than 70,000 people live within a few miles of downtown Beaufort, and historic spots and cultural flavor are around every single corner.
Beaufort is home to many residential communities and historic neighborhoods to choose from with lots of amenities, many of which are located on or near the water. Discover all that Beaufort has to offer you and your family.
Take a look at Beaufort’s public and private schools and find the information you need to make the best possible
decision when it comes to your children’s education.
Being a great place to live and being a great place to work, often go hand-in-hand. Consistently ranked among the top places to live in the U.S., Beaufort also has all the things businesses need to flourish. Bring your business, or start one when you get here. We have the ideal economic growing conditions where companies can find a home, put down roots, and thrive.
What’s not to love about Beaufort, SC?
- Named the Happiest Seaside town in America by Coastal Living Magazine
- Named Best Small Town in the South 2017 by Southern Living Magazine
- Top 16 Best Places to Live in America by Outside Magazine
- National Geographic Traveler name Beaufort’s Sea Islands one of the ‘Top 20 Places to See in the World.’
- Money Magazine awarded Beaufort, South Carolina one of ’6 Terrific Towns of the Water’.
- Field & Stream said Beaufort’s among the ‘Top 20 Fishing Towns in America’,
- Garden & Gun Magazine named Beaufort ‘A Southern Dream Town’.